6-ingredient low-sugar Halloween brownies
Spooky season might look a little bit different this year, but that’s no reason to not celebrate with sweet treats, and if they’re surprisingly simple baked goods, all the better!
These spider brownies are rich and chocolatey but are on the healthier side, using whole wheat flour and organic peanut butter for a delicious bite for any time of the day.
We wouldn’t blame you if you ate the whole tray before the kids even knew about them. Sshh, we won’t tell if you don’t.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter to read more stories like this.
Time: 60 minutes | Serves: 4-6
- 100g Mayver’s Organic Crunchy Peanut Spread
- 50g whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of chopped milk chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp yeast
- ½ cup chopped white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease a bowl with a little dash of coconut oil and mix together the Mayver’s peanut butter and chopped milk chocolate in the bowl.
- Add the peanut butter and chocolate mixture into a saucepan over a low heat and add a little bit of water so the mixture melts better. Lightly stir the mixture over the heat so the ingredients are mixed evenly.
- Once the chocolate and peanut butter mixture has melted, beat the eggs and sift the flour and yeast and add to the mixture. Combine everything together and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a baking tin and leave it in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes, remove it and let it cool for at least half an hour.
- Cover the brownie with Mayver’s peanut butter.
- Melt the chopped white chocolate and add to a piping bag. Pipe the melted chocolate over the brownies to make spider webs.
This recipe was provided by @feeltheflavour