6-ingredient peanut butter protein bar recipe
These gooey and easy-to-make protein bars make for the perfect post-workout snack or healthy dessert.
If you’re looking for a healthy snack that’ll also satisfy your sugar cravings, this peanut butter protein slice will do the trick. All you need is six simple ingredients to whip it up.
A good idea is to meal prep a batch on the weekend so you’re stocked for the week ahead. Well, that is if they last that long…
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter to read more stories like this.
Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- 3/4 cup Mayvers Skin On Peanut Butter, or any peanut butter of your choice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1.5 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 100 grams 70-85 per cent dark chocolate
1. In a large bowl combine the peanut butter, honey and melted coconut oil until it’s a smooth consistency. Mix in the flaxseed meal and vanilla protein powder, using a spoon or clean hands to combine. The batter should be soft and doughy.
2. Press the mixture into a roughly 20 x 10 cm (line with baking paper to prevent sticking). Make sure the mixture is smooth on top in preparation for the chocolate layer.
3. Melt the dark chocolate in a small saucepan or in the microwave. If you’re using the stove, stir regularly so it doesn’t burn. If you’re microwaving, melt in 30 second bursts, stirring in between.
4. Pour the melted chocolate on top of the peanut butter layer, covering the top completely with the chocolate.
5. Refrigerate for 2 hours and store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.
For more recipes, head to 28 by Sam Wood.