Best gooey and crunchy cauliflower choc chip cookie recipe
These will be the best gooey and chewy chocolate chip cookies you’ll bake, plus they’re healthy and gluten-free thanks to the addition of a secret ingredient – cauliflower.
If you’re someone who has a serious sweet tooth and looking for something other than banana bread, then do yourself a favour and try baking these cookies.
They’re chewy, gooey and chunky, and thanks to the hidden veg (hello, cauliflower), each serve will give you a dose of iron, magnesium and vitamin C. Yes, cauliflower really CAN be anything.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter to read more stories like this.
Gluten-free cauliflower choc chip cookies
Makes 12 cookies
Prep Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups PomPom Paddock Flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarb soda
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chunks
- ½ cup roughly chopped pecans or nut of your choice
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, salt, and butter until a paste forms with no lumps.
2. Whisk in the egg and vanilla, beating until light ribbons fall off the whisk and remain for a short while before falling back into the mixture.
3. Sift in the flour and bicarb soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula.
4. Fold in the chocolate chunks and pecans, then chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. For a more intense toffee-like flavour and deeper colour, chill the dough overnight. The longer the dough rests, the more complex its flavour will be.
5. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
6. Scoop the dough with an ice-cream scoop onto the baking paper, leaving at least 10 cm of space between cookies and 5 cm of space from the edges of the pan so that the cookies can spread evenly.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges have started to barely brown.
8. Cool completely on the tray before serving.
This recipe is courtesy of PomPom Paddock.