Dairy and gluten free health citrus glow bar recipe
With cashews, orange, citrus and turmeric, these nutritionist-approved citrus glow bars are bound to be a glow-up to your healthy snack arsenal.
Work’s a drag, the 3pm slump is fast approaching, and you’re itching for a little sugar pick-me-up. God, we’ve all been there.
Luckily, this yummy recipe for citrus glow bars from nutritionist and Healthy Care ambassador, Jacqueline Alwill, will provide the perfect healthy snack to curb your arvo sugar cravings.
Packed with protein found in cashews, super antioxidant turmeric, and collagen powder that can promote skin hydration and elasticity, these bars will become your next go-to.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter to read more stories like this.
Gluten-free and dairy-free citrus glow bars
Makes approx 16 bars
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons honey/maple/rice malt syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 4 teaspoons Healthy Care Bioactive Collagen Powder
1. In a food processor, combine raw cashews and shredded coconut – blitz to crumbs.
2. Add remaining ingredients and blitz until it forms a sticky dough.
3. Remove from food processor, then press into a lined loaf tin and pop in the freezer to set for two hours.
4. Slice into 16 bars, and enjoy! Store in fridge up to one week, or freezer up to two weeks.
This recipe is courtesy of accredited nutritionist, Jacqueline Alwill.