Easy-prep Delcado avocado and miso grilled chicken rice bowl recipe for mid-week meals
This nutritious, delicious and and easy-to-make avocado and miso grilled chicken rice bowl is perfect for mid-week dinner.
If you’re looking for a flavoursome but nutritious, easy-to-prep but not boring, mid-week dinner, this Delcado Avocado and miso grilled chicken rice bowl is a great meal to add to the rotation.
Packed with protein thanks to chicken thighs, and the flavours of miso, ginger, cashews, coriander, edamame and lime, this recipe from Decaldo will definitely be one for the bookmarks of the busy!
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Delcado and Miso Grilled Chicken Rice Bowl
Prep Time: 10 mins and 20 mins marinating
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 2 ripe Delcado avocados, cut into wedges, lengthways
- 1/3 cup miso paste
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons finely grated ginger
- 6 chicken thigh fillets
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 sheet nori, cut into 4 strips
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews, chopped
- 6 radishes, finely sliced
- 1 cup podded edamame, blanched
- Baby coriander to serve
1. Preheat BBQ or grill plate over high heat.
2. Combine miso, maple, oil, sesame and ginger together in a bowl. To make miso dressing, remove half of the mixture and combine with the lime juice. Set aside.
3. Add the chicken to bowl with remaining miso mixture and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
4. Grill chicken for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Allow to cool slightly before slicing.
5. Line four bowls with a nori strip and top with brown rice, sliced chicken, cashews, radish, edamame and Delcado wedges. Drizzle with miso dressing and top with baby coriander to serve.
This recipe is courtesy of Delcado.