Kick off the new year right with this super healthy rainbow veggie bowl
If you’ve made the commitment to yourself to eat healthier in 2021, this salad bowl by food blogger Sarah MacDonald is for you.
The best way to ensure you’re getting all the nutrients you need is to eat as many colours as possible. That’s why there’s so much to love about this rainbow bowl.
Tofu and a crunchy sprout combo offer plant-based protein, while sauerkraut is one of our favourite gut-loving ingredients.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Rainbow veggie bowl
Cook time: About 20 minutes
¼ block firm tofu
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp maple syrup
½ Lebanese cucumber
3-4 cherry tomatoes
½ cup Aussie Sprouts Crunchy Combo (a blend of sprouted lentils, chickpeas and mung beans)
1 tbsp of sauerkraut
½ cup of chopped kale
1. To make the tofu: cube the firm tofu and press lightly in a paper towel to remove excess water.
2. Place in a bowl with 1 tsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp maple syrup. Leave to marinate for at least 15 minutes, then fry for 3-4 minutes each side in a non-stick pan.
3. Finely slice the Lebanese cucumber and slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
4. Add the Aussie Sprouts Crunchy Combo, the tablespoon of sauerkraut and chopped kale to the bowl.
5. Add the tofu, cucumber and cherry tomatoes.
6. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy.
Sarah MacDonald is a food blogger. You can follow her on Instagram.