Low-calorie cauliflower and chickpea salad recipe
For a high-fibre, low-calorie meal or side dish, whip up this healthy roasted cauliflower and chickpea salad that’ll keep you feeling full for hours.
Cauliflower has become the magical vegetable we didn’t know we needed in our lives.
These days, the humble vegetable is being used to replace carbs and meat, without sacrificing taste – and here’s a salad to prove just that.
This bowl of roasted cauli is packed with fibre, antioxidants and vitamins, all while being low in calories and high in fibre. It’s then topped with a sprinkle of crunchy chickpeas for an extra boost of protein.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Roasted cauliflower and chickpea salad
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 200c or 180c fan forced.
2. Place chopped cauliflower onto a baking tray. Coat and toss the cauliflower with olive oil, salt and pepper, rosemary and Table of Plenty Golden Moroccan Veggie Roaster spice mix and spread evenly across the baking tray.
3. Roast for approximately 30 minutes or until cauliflower is golden brown.
4. Whilst the cauliflower is cooking, heat a medium fry pan over high heat and add olive oil to the pan. To the pan, add chickpeas, Table of Plenty Golden Moroccan Veggie Roaster spice mix and salt and pepper.
5. Cook the chickpeas for approximately 5 minutes until they are slightly golden brown and set aside.
6. When the cauliflower has finished cooking, arrange in a bowl with the chickpeas. Garnish with coriander and serve with Table of Plenty Probiotic Kefir.
This recipe was supplied by Table of Plenty. Head here for more recipes.