Low-calorie vegan tempeh tabbouleh and tempeh salad recipe
Make healthy eating simple and delicious with Sam Wood’s healthy vegan tempeh tabbouleh salad that’s high in protein and fibre, but low in calories. It’s also perfect for meal-prepping.
If you find salads boring and unsatisfying, then this recipe will change your life.
Packed with vitamins, antioxidants, and good carbs and fat, here’s nothing unhealthy about this salad.
Moreover, it’s low in calories and sugar, but high in protein and fibre to help keep you full for hours.
It’s also perfect for adding to your meal-prep books.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Pistachio tabbouleh with fried tempeh
- 1/4 cup(s) parsley (fresh) stems and leaves finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) mint (fresh) leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 tomato(es) finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) onion (red) finely diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) buckwheat (raw)
- 1 tablespoon(s) pistachios roughly chopped
- 1/4 lemon(s) juiced
For the tempeh:
- 100 g tempeh
- 1 teaspoon(s) mustard (Dijon)
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1/4 lemon(s)
1. Cook buckwheat according to packet instructions.
2. Meanwhile, to make the tempeh, place lemon and Dijon into a bowl and mix with a spoon to combine. Add in tempeh pieces and coat in the mix.
3. In a large frying pan or skillet on medium-high heat, heat olive oil until hot, then add in tempeh. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
4. Combine all ingredients for the Pistachio Tabbouleh in a large bowl.
5. Serve with the tempeh.
- Calories: 396.5 cal
- Protein: 22.8g
- Fibre: 14.8g
- Fat: 15.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Carbs: 35.2g
- Sugar: 5.7g
For more recipes, head to 28 by Sam Wood.