Prep and forget chicken teriyaki recipe from Sally Obermeder
Maha Corbett and Sally Obermeder share their delectably convenient recipe for prep-and-forget teriyaki chicken.
Making dinner at the end of a laborious day can be a right pain when you’re a busy bee.
Luckily, this deliciously convenient teriyaki chicken recipe from sisters and co-founders of Swiish, Maha Corbett and Sally Obermeder allows you to prep, then forget (for a few hours at least).
Packed with protein within chicken, and the goodness of greens, this recipe will become a repeat for those all too often busy days!
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter to read more stories like this.
Prep and Forget Chicken Teriyaki
Prep time: 4 hours 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 (1.36kg) chicken thigh fillets, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125ml) soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 cup (125ml) hoisin sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 11/2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Serve with green tea soba noodles (or rice noodles) and steamed baby bok choy
1. Place the olive oil, chicken thighs, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic and honey into a six litre (24 cup) capacity slow cooker. Mix to combine.
2. Cover and cook on high for four hours or on low for eight hours, or until chicken is tender.
3. Stir in the cornflour and cook for a further 30 minutes, or until thickened.
To serve: Spoon chicken and sauce over noodles. Top with sesame seeds and spring onions. Serve with baby bok choy and any extra sauce on the side.
Tip: Can be frozen for up to three months. Make this recipe gluten-free by using tamari instead of soy sauce, using wheat-free hoisin sauce and serving with rice noodles instead of green tea soba noodles.