The choc-chunk cookie dough protein bars that taste too good to be THIS healthy
AIA Vitality ambassador, nutritionist and dietitian Marika Day shares her ultimate choc-chunk cookie dough protein bar recipe.
Protein if often seen as the holy grail of nutrients – especially if you’re trying to curb hung and stay satiated in between meals. Which is why a healthy snack that includes an appetite-quelling dose of protein can be a godsend come the 3PM munchies. Heck, we’ve tried recipes for protein balls, protein cookies, and even protein pancakes. But these sweet cookie dough protein bars from dietitian Marika Day just might be our favourite…
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Makes 12 bars
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 80g peanut butter flavoured vegan protein powder (or vanilla)
- 1/3 cup tahini (or peanut butter, if you didn’t have PB protein powder)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g 70% dark chocolate
1. Place all ingredients except the dark chocolate into a food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Roughly chop 40g of the dark chocolate and mix through the cookie dough.
3. Line a square baking tray with baking paper, and press mixture into the tin.
4. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile melt remaining 60g of chocolate. Spread chocolate evenly over cookie dough and place back in the freezer.
6. Cut into 12 small bars using a hot knife (to stop the top cracking).
7. Store in the freezer, or the fridge if you like them softer.