The ultimate hot-cross bun inspired protein balls
If you are looking for a healthier alternative to chocolates this Easter, these hot cross bun protein balls will not disappoint.
In addition to being super simple to make (you basically just mix everything together and store in the fridge until ready to eat), the recipe doesn’t contain any sugar and doubles as a tasty post workout snack too.
Plus, they’re gluten-free, dairy-free and vegetarian.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
Hot cross bun protein balls
Time: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp Mayver’s Unsalted Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/4 tsp mixed spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl combine Mayver’s Unsalted Peanut Butter with orange juice
- Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine well. Used hands to mix well if needed. Texture should hold together once rolled into a ball. Use 1 tbsp extra orange juice if needed.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to eat.
Recipe tips: Add more spice to taste. A pinch of vanilla powder can add an extra punch of flavour.