Vanilla protein pancake recipe will keep you full for hours
For the perfect breakfast or post-workout meal, whip yourself up a stack of these irresistible vanilla protein pancakes.
A classic protein-rich pancake stack with a subtle vanilla flavour, topped with choc tahini sauce. The addition of flavoured paleo fermented protein adds essence – this delicious and satisfying stack will keep you going for hours.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter to read more stories like this.
Vanilla Protein Pancakes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup almond meal (or oatmeal to make nut free)
- 1-2 tbsp Amazonia raw paleo fermented vanilla protein powder (substitute for any vanilla protein of your choice)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 2 organic eggs, separated
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or coconut nectar
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
Choc tahini sauce:
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ tbsp coconut nectar
- ½ tbsp tahini, hulled (or your choice of nut butter)
- Dash boiling water (add according to desired consistency)
Choc tahini sauce:
1. Combine cacao powder and coconut nectar in a small bowl.
2. Then, add in a dash of boiling water and mix until coconut nectar has melted and ingredients are well combined.
3. Add in tahini and mix well, adding more water if necessary.
1. Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix well.
2. Add remaining ingredients (except egg whites) to a blender, blend until smooth.
3. Add to dry mixture, mixing well. Beat egg whites until firm peaks form and then gently fold into pancake mixture.
4. Place coconut oil in a non-stick pan and allow to melt over low-medium heat.
5. Add a small amount of the pancake mixture and leave to cook for 1-2 minutes (or until bubbles start to form)
6. Flip and allow for the other side to cook for another minute or so.
7. Repeat this process for the rest of the mixture.
8. Stack pancakes and serve with a drizzle of choc-tahini sauce.