The hottest erotic novels, ranked
Want to turn up the heat? New research has revealed the most heart racing erotic novels to get you hot and heavy.
Erotic novels often receive a bad rap, but why? I mean, we see sex in movies and Netflix shows, and yet it’s far rarer that we turn to novels.
And contrary to your general understanding, not all sex reads involve laughable descriptions of sex and uncomfortable romances lacking chemistry. From BDSM to threesomes to lavish public displays of passion, there’s an erotic novel that will fulfil every fantasy and won’t leave you laughing in second-hand embarrassment.
Don’t believe us?
The guys at OnBuy wanted to see how high heart rates soar when reading the most sensual stories.
After searching for the top 10 erotic moves ranked on Goodreads, analysts from OnBuy gave 609 readers a copy of each top 10 novel and tested heir heart rate when reading each of them. Respondents were asked to star the monitoring app as soon as they started reading the book and to switch it off as soon as they put the book down.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter for more stories like this.
The analysts found the top novel was action-packed Sweet Surrender by Maya Banks, which raised heart rates to a whopping 137 beats per minute (BPM).
Coming in second place was (surprisingly) E.L.James’ Fifty Shades of Grey, pushing pulses to 131 BPM.
Here’s a full rundown of the top 10 most heart racing erotic novels…
Top 10 most heart racing erotic novels
1. Sweet Surrender, Maya Banks: 137 BPM
2. Fifty Shades of Grey, E.L.James: 131 BPM
3. Bared to You, Sylvia Day: 128 BPM
4. Fifty Shades Darker, E.L.James: 122 BPM
5. Wicked Tics, Shayla Black: 120 BPM
6. Reflected in You, Sylvia Day: 115 BPM
7. Fifty Shades Free, E.L.James: 113 BPM
8. Rock hard, Olivia Cunning: 110 BPM
9. Decadent, Shayla Black: 109 BPM
10. Backstage Pass, Olivia Cunning: 103 BPM